Other Texas Wildflower Resources
Wildflower Sighting Resources
- Texas Wildflower Sightings
- Wildflower Haven
- Big Bend Ranch State Parks and Wildlife Facebook Page
- Texas Parks and Wildlife - Vegetation types in Texas
- Brenham Wildflower Watch
- Gary Regner's Wildflower Report
Wildflower Photographer Galleries
Help with Plant Identifications
- Mr. Smarty Plants at LBJ Wildflower Center
- Native Plant Society of Texas & Native Prairies Association of Texas Mailing List
- Brenham - Bluebonnet Trails
- Burnet - Bluebonnet Festival
- Chappel Hill - Bluebonnet Festival
- Ennis - Bluebonnet Trails
- Johnson City - Wildflower Days
- Wildflower Center Events
Central Texas Driving Route Maps
Brenham / La Grange
Lake LBJ / Burnet / Llano
Willow City Loop
The Willow City Loop provides magnificent views of the Hill Country. While always enjoyable, this ride is spectacular when the bluebonnets are in bloom. When ridden as indicated below (counter clockwise), you will go down one steep hill and then regain altitude on a steady, but gentle, upgrade on Texas Highway 16. To reach the loop from Austin, go to the Y intersection of U.S. Highway 290 and Texas Highway 71 in Oak Hill, take Highway 290 west for 33.7 miles, turn right on U.S. Highway 281, and continue north for 8.6 miles, passing through Johnson City on Highway 281. Turn left on FM 1323 and go 24.7 miles, passing through Sandy. This part of the drive is also very scenic. The start is in Willow City.
Begin the ride by continuing north (the same direction as FM 1323 was headed before it turns left), with the GTE building to your left.
Turn left on Texas highway 16.
Turn left on FM 1323.
Head back to Austin
Yoakum / Shiner / Cuero / Hallettsville